It is hard to eat and drink healthy, but it can be done.

Healthy eating is certainly not for everyone. For most it is too difficult to rid unhealthy food addictions. Temporary taste satisfaction is more important than thinking of health for the long term. I grew up eating all kinds of animal foods, plus sugary, salty, oily junk foods as well. These unhealthy addictions are not easy to give up. Babies/children raised on healthy food and drink alone have a great chance for long term health. But that does not mean adults who've been raised on unhealthy food cannot make the switch. Some people like myself are forced to eat healthy because of illness. I have Crohns Disease (which by the way comes from drinking cow's milk/eating dairy products). I took the doctor's pills for 2 years after the initial diagnosis. Then I learned what is healthy and what is not, changed to a healthy diet, and was able to stop taking all pills. If I continue to eat healthy there is no need to take any pills whatsoever for Crohns. (The only "pill" doctors in the know recommend is a B-12 supplement- for insurance purposes. I personally don't take one because I eat food right out of my garden.) The first step to a healthy way of eating is education- understanding what is healthy and what is not. That is what this blog is all about. Once you are armed with nutrition education, you can begin to choose to take out unhealthy choices. Some take out one thing at a time, some go cold turkey (or cold Tofurkey- a vegan meat alternative) and plunge right into a completely healthy lifestyle. To understand what is healthy and what is not, the best advice I can give you is to read John McDougall's wonderful new book: http://peopleforplants.blogspot.com/2012_05_01_archive.html

Popular posts from this blog

Please pass the antelope milk...

Doctor’s Orders: Eat Well to Be Well