My intention for this blog

I was having a productive talk about my blog with my dad the other day, when he said, "You're not going to talk me into being a vegetarian". And it hit me- that's not my intention. I can see how people reading the blog would get that impression- that I'm trying to convince people to become vegetarian or vegan, but that's not necessarily the case.
That got me thinking...

My intention is

1) to get people to think about their health by presenting information about what is healthy and what is not.

2) to get people to think about eating more plant foods, and at the least- eating less food from animals.

3) to get meat eaters to think about eating only animals that have been respectfully raised- wild or free range animals, or wild caught fish,
as compared to animals that have been raised in misery- factory farmed.

4) to get people thinking about limiting or eliminating harmful junk foods from their diet, such as white processed sugar, oils, and salt.

4) to prevent or heal disease with a healthy lifestyle- a mix of excellent nutrition and regular exercise.

5) to prevent pain and expense brought on by debilitating disease.

6) to get people to think about their longevity.

7) to present information that promotes good health, happiness and enjoyment.

8) to have people want to visit this blog.

In the past, I have used this blog occasionally as a diary for my frustrations. That's not going to happen again. My intention will be to only present information in an educational manner.

I am very proud of my dad. He has lost a lot of weight through better eating and exercise. He is trying to eat less meat and more plant foods. He reads this blog, and that's great.

If this blog provides any positive results regarding lifestyle,
that is my intention.

Popular posts from this blog

Please pass the antelope milk...

Doctor’s Orders: Eat Well to Be Well

It is hard to eat and drink healthy, but it can be done.